OUR COMMUNITY OFFERS APARTMENT HOMES THROUGH A VARIETY OF QUALIFICATION PROGRAMS INCLUDING CONVENTIONAL, ACC and TAX CREDIT. THE BELOW INFORMATION IS INTENDED FOR APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR AN APARTMENT HOME THROUGH OUR TAX CREDIT PROGRAM.
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW ITEMS WHEN CONSIDERING APPLYING FOR AN APARTMENT HOME AT ONE OF OUR AFFORDABLE COMMUNITIES:
THE BELOW DOCUMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
- The Legacy at Walton Summit requires a minimum income of 2 times monthly rent with a maximum as reflected in the chart below. Housing Choice Voucher Holders [Section 8] are only required to make 1.5x rent. Gross income will be used including anticipated income for the year, child support, etc. Gross income is defined as your total income before taxes and deductions.
- All applicants must pass both a criminal background and credit check to qualify.
- Birth Certificates (or other court documentation) will be required in order to include dependents in total household number and, therefore, to determine your income bracket.
- Households comprised of all full - time students are not eligible to participate in the affordable program unless t hey meet one of the 5 exemptions as defined by HUD. (Applicants may not have, nor antici pate being, a full - time student for more than 5 months out of the current calendar year.
INCOME GUIDELINES FOR THE LEGACY AT WALTON SUMMIT
- Current government issued photo ID
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Birth certificates for all minors
- Court orders for child support, divorce decrees, etc
- Proof of all income including Social Security Award letters, Pension Award letters, pay stubs, etc
- You may be asked for checking and savings account statements and info, 401k information, etc
RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA
|Household Family Size
||Max. Annual Income
Prospective residents for this apartment community will be selected in accordance with applicable Federal Regulations. Resident Selection procedure will be as follows:
All applications will be accepted for consideration during regular office hours. A preliminary review of the application will be made to determine whether:
- The application is complete.
- Credit references, rental history and supporting documents have been provided.
- The application satisfies the LIHTC requirements of eligibility and Management’s underwriting criteria for eligibility.
The applicant’s household Gross Annual Income may not exceed the Income Limits as established by IRS Section 42 and the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
- No more than 2 individuals per bedroom are allowed. The apartment must be the family’s primary residence.
- Household may not be comprised of all full-time students.
- Roommates: No more than three unrelated adults shall be allowed to rent or reside in an individual unit. Each married person shall count separately when determining the number of unrelated adults for purposes of this policy. “Adult” means an individual eighteen (18) circumstances in which separate applications are required. The income requirement of two (2) times the monthly rent can be met by combining the gross incomes. The combination of the separate incomes addenda.
- Pets are allowed with certain restrictions and with a $400 Pet Deposit (up to $125 refundable) and a $20.00 monthly Pet Fee.
Selection criteria is based on, but not limited to, an ability to provide the following:
- Applicant must be age 55 or older for communities designated as “Active Adult”
- Applicant must be age 62 or older for Walton Renaissance on Henderson
- Must have verifiable employment or some form of verifiable income (Social Security, Child Support, Pension, etc.)
- A demonstrated ability to make timely payments
- Comments from at least two landlords showing a history of properly maintaining the rental apartment
- Information concerning prior housing history, concerning, but not limited to tenancy termination for fraud and/or a failure to cooperated with re-certification procedures
- Good credit references
- A demonstrated ability to maintain present housing in a safe and sanitary condition (which could be verified by a home visit)
- Family size appropriate for available apartment size
- Birth certificates, social security numbers and other legal documentation as requested
- A demonstrated ability to live independently
- Police criminal record check
- Information concerning illegal drug use and/or activity by all household members
- Applicant’s ability to understand and agree, in writing, that upon execution of the Lease
- Agreement and all attached Addendums these documents shall be binding contractual obligations between the parties